Kerala is located in the southern part of India. This city is popular for its backwaters and beaches. Ecotourism initiatives and backwaters are also some reasons to visit this part of India. Also, this state is popular for its beautiful culture and delicious food.
Numerous things attract people to Kerala. According to a survey, In Kerala, females are more than males. If you want to visit India, then Kerala will be the must-visit place on your travel list as this part of India offers you numerous wonderful experiences and a bounty of unforgettable memories.
Here in this blog, I would like to tell you some must-visit cities in Kerala. So pack your bag and be ready to know about some famous and must-visit cities in Kerala.
Cochin: Cochin is considered to be a commercial port city that has a history of trading of more than 600 years. People prefer to call this city “Queen of the Arabian Sea”. The financial, commercial, and industrial capital of India, Cochin is a must-visit place while traveling to south India.
· Alleppey: Alleppey or Alappuzha is a city which is very famous amongst the people who want to visit this part of India. This city is popular for ayurvedic resorts and the backwaters. In Alleppey, you can spend some time with your loved one at Houseboat cruises. During your cruise day, you can see some villages, green fields, and the lifestyle of the locals of Kerala.
· Munnar: It is a famous town in Kerala. This city takes place in the people’s list because of its beautiful green fields and for its tea gardens. Eravikulam National Park, tea plantations, and Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary are some must-visit place if you are planning to visit Munnar.
· Periyar National Park: Wildlife Sanctuary and Periyar National Park are some of my favorite places in Kerala. This sanctuary was established in 1934 and it outspread to 777 square km. While visiting this National Park, you can witness some wildlife.
· Thiruvananthapuram: Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple (A temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu) is the main attraction of this place. This temple was reconstructed in the year 1733. The South Indian architecture of the temple attracts tourists across the globe. Also, this temple is considered to be the richest temple in the world. While visiting Thiruvananthapuram, you can also visit the Zoological Park (This park is closed on Mondays); Napier Museum, Sri Chitra Art Gallery. (This place is closed on Mondays/Wednesdays morning.)
· Kumarakom: Kumarakom is famous for its backwater tourism. This place is very peaceful. It is considered to be a feast for the eyes of the people who love nature. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is also a very good place to visit. At this Sanctuary, you will see many species that you have never seen before like Siberian Storks, Cuckoos. The best time to enjoy the visit to Kumarakom is in winters.
Every person with wanderlust has Delhi on their list and for the right reason. This culturally diverse city is known for it’s ancient heritage, colorful noise and rich background. Plan your visit soon, for this city has a lot to offer.